CA CIB Americas
CA CIB Americas
As a member of the Interest Rate Derivatives Trade Support Middle Office, you will be responsible to support and control the business initiated by the New York IRD Front Office.
The team ensures accurate trade capture of Vanilla and Exotic derivatives in the FO systems, facilitates front to back trade processing, assist and control Trading in the management of their position and exposure, and safeguard systems by monitoring daily activity.
You will have continual interaction with internal and external stakeholders that requires excellent client service skills.
You will develop various skills that include system knowledge, financial products, and market practices.
This position is based in New York and will report to the New York Head of Interest Rate Derivatives Middle Office.
The IRD Trade Support MO team mitigates operational risk through its functions.
In practice this means ensuring trades are captured accurately, reconciliation of trading positions, monitoring of Straight Through Processing trades, management of life cycle events, verify accurate referential data in systems, following regulatory rules, and escalation as necessary.
· Ensure the transactional integrity and accuracy of positions across systems used by the IRD business line
· Investigate trade discrepancies for prompt and accurate resolution to stakeholders
· Facilitate trade modifications in FO systems as requested and relevant
· Manage and control trades' life cycle events
· Verify modifications of discrepant trades' impact on Risk and PnL, impacts are immediately made transparent to FO
· Transmit FO trade documents to Paris BO/MO organizational groups for final trade verification and documentation
· Maintain referential data in FO systems
· Assist in the identification, specification, and testing of system enhancements
· Provide innovative ideas to systematically update controls and procedures to reduce operational risk
· Document functions into procedures and ensure information is updated
· Escalate issues and anomalies detected
· Develop strong relationships with local and global teams
· Participate in business projects
· Service Quality and Processes improvement:
- Propose and formalize any improvements on controls and procedures
- Develop efficiency initiatives
· Compliance and Governance
- Ensure compliance with CA CIB CMO [Head Office] and CA CIB NY governance and organization directives
- Promote operational controls and segregation of duties
Control and awareness
- Exert vigilance to unusual or inappropriate (i.e.
unusual, un-economic or fraudulent) trading practices
- Alert management and position control team in case of suspicion of inappropriate (i.e.
unusual, un-economic or fraudulent) trading practices or operations
Legal and Regulatory Responsibilities
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal Compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, the Local Compliance manual and Compliance policies and procedures as issued from time to time
Financial Security requirements, including, but not limited to, the prevention of Financial Crime and Fraud including reporting obligations to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure to be fully qualified to undertake the role.
Complete all mandatory training as required to attain and maintain competence
SPECIAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS: Participation in BCP planning and testing
- Previous experience in IRD MO
- Degree in finance or previous experience in a MO functions