CA CIB Americas
CA CIB Americas
Responsible for the development IRD/FX business within Corporate and SFI space in LATAM.
Also, support the development of FIM FX and IRD business corporates in Latin America.
Price, structure, sale and marketing of both hedging and investments products for our Latin America client base.
Strategy and Business Planning
• Market products by speaking with customers about their needs, financial markets and propose suitable ideas and recommendations.
The approach varies according to the customers and the products:
• Identify, target and solicit new customers.
• Responsible for some aspects of transaction structuring and work with structuring teams to provide support in developing new or complex transaction structures.
• Originate transactions from clients and co-ordinate the efficient execution of the trading desk.
• Formulate marketing plans and relate these to marketing opportunities.
• Be aware of all economic and financial data likely to affect the products being marketed.
• Develop knowledge of client needs and co-ordinate the Bank's efforts to service customer organisations.
• Plan and organise client visits and meetings.
• Liaise with Relationship Managers / Senior Bankers in other areas of the bank regarding marketing opportunities.
Aim to meet individual objectives and targets and overall team and product line budget
• Achieve a sales Budget as indicated.
• Ensure clients are suitably classified (under OFAC and FED rules) and are dealt with appropriately.
• Ensure clients are cleared by credit, legal, compliance and back office before trading.
• Ensure the trade monitoring of counterparty risk
• Adhere to and understand risks to the bank and the client resulting from marketing initiatives or successful conclusion of transactions.
• Entertain clients to promote the bank and its products.
• Network with contacts in the business to generate business for the FX desks.
Key Internal Contacts
• Structurers – regarding any new transactions to ensure they understand the client's needs.
• Traders – quotation for prices.
• Back Office – to process trades, and Middle office
• Relationship Managers / Senior Bankers – for client information.
• Researchers – regarding meeting client requests for fundamental research
Key External Contacts
Clients as stated above
Systems Used –
Outlook, Office, Intranet, [OT, Bloomberg, Jetstream, Calysto (FO derivatives pricing tools)
internal client management tools (ClientLive)
Omega (to trace sales mark-ups)]
Experience in IRD and FX, market and trading environment in Fixed Income Markets
Good understanding of the IRD & FX product line
Superior sales skills
Extensive market knowledge
Degree in Math, Economics, Engineering or Finance or relevant alternative (CFA)